Religious Harmony Day
World Interfaith Harmony Week is a UN resolution for a worldwide week of interfaith harmony proposed in 2010 by HM King Abdullah II and HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad of Jordan. The World Interfaith Harmony Week will fall on the first week of February of every year and aims to promote harmony between all people regardless of their faith.
In line with the decisions of the United Nations, Religious Harmony Foundation has decided to celebrate the first Sunday of every February as the Religious Harmony Day.
Events to be conducted during Religious Harmony Day
The following is a brief list of the events that should be conducted on the Religious Harmony Day. Any other event may also be conducted on this date which assists in creating religious harmony in the society.
- Reading of holy books of all religions in a group.
- Meeting and Greeting everyone with a special emphasis on people of different religions, faiths and believes.
- Conducting events like essay, Painting and other competitions on Religious Harmony and distribution of prizes.
- Organizing rallies to spread the message of Religious Harmony
- Visiting the holy places of all religions with a special emphasis on that of different religions, faiths and believes.
We call upon all the people in the world to come forward to celebrate The Religious Harmony day. Celebrating The Religious Harmony day send a loud and clear message that we are all one and united.